I am so excited to announce our first-ever photography contest for all my green friends and followers! Over the past few months I’ve been providing you with advice, tips, and tricks for living the green life. Our summer blog series has covered all aspects of a sustainable summer, from vegetarian options for the grill to eco-friendly summer travel ideas. Now I want to see what summer means to you! Submit your best photograph that captures the meaning of summer – it could be an evening barbecue, kids swimming in the pool, a shady forest path, whatever you like! Just make sure that it represents your personal view of what summer is all about. The winner will receive all-natural soaps and bath salts, courtesy of Joyful Bath Co – I’ve tried these, and believe me, they’re wonderful! Women and men alike enjoy them!
How It Works
The winning photograph will be decided by me (Lori Hill of Sister Eden, in case you didn’t know!) and Rochel Roland of Joyful Bath Co. The winner will be notified by a comment by @sister_eden on their Instagram photo. The winner’s name and photo will be announced on the Sister Eden Facebook page, Twitter, and website. Additionally, the winner’s work will remain featured on Sister Eden’s website as part our “Hall of Fame” – the compilation of all contest winners.
The contest will open August 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM ET and end August 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM ET. Submit your photograph through Instagram. Address it to @sister_eden and include the hashtag #sisteredenphoto – you can see an example on the right! The official rules are below.
How To Enter
- Photographs must be submitted through Instagram, directed at @sister_eden with the hashtag #sisteredenphoto. We will not accept photographs received via email, Facebook Wall posts, or any other form of communication.
- The winner will be notified by a comment on that photo submission.
- The Sponsors will not sell or share your information with third-parties.
- Each entry consists of one photograph.
- By entering the Contest, the entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The winner will be notified by a comment on their contest entry in Instagram.
The 2013 Sister Eden Summer Photography Contest begins August 2, 2013 at 9:00 am ET and ends August 23, 2013 at 11:59 pm ET. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules (“Official Rules”). By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. This is a skill based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners.
Who May Enter
The contest is open to individuals aged 13 and older who reside in the United States. Family, coworkers, and agents of Sister Eden and Joyful Bath Co are not eligible.
Photographer maintains original photo copyright. By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to Sister Eden, to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest, promotion of the Contest, and the Sister Eden brand, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: display on the Sister Eden website, Facebook page, and Instagram feed.